About Dr. Gary Johnson
|Degrees: DDS, BS, MAGD
Dr. Gary Johnson as a dental professional:
- Private Dental Practice since 1980
- Taken thousands of hours of dental continuing education and training
- Assistant Clinical Professor University of Illinois-Chicago Medical Center
- College of Medicine Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery in the Craniofacial Center
- International Dental Lecturer in North America, Latin America, Caribbean, Asia, South Pacific and Europe
- Chairman of the Oral Health Sub-Committee and member of Health Task Force for United States Congressperson Danny K. Davis
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Craniofacial Center at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine
- Visiting Professor at the Independent University of the State of Mexico (Toluca) faculty of Dentistry and other universities,
- Published author of scientific and clinical articles.
Professor Gary Johnson's education includes:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Illinois at the Chicago Medical Center
- Bachelor of Science in Dental Science from the University of Illinois at the Chicago Medical Center
- Certificate of Residency, Dentist in Medical Residence Program, at the University of Illinois at the Chicago Medical Center
- Certificate in Orthodontics and Dental Orthopaedics, United States Dental Institute
- Board Eligible American Board of General Dentistry
- Mastership from the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellowship from the Academy of General Dentistry
- Post Baccalaureate studies University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- Bachelor of Science with Honors-Chemistry, Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Illinois
Dr. Gary Johnsons' international training includes:
- Professor Claus Schwartze (Dean of the University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany),
- Dr. Hans Peter Bimler (Bimler Orthodontic Appliance, Wiesbaden, Germany),
- Dr. Rolf Frankel (Frankel Orthodontic Appliance, Zwickau, Germany),
- Professor Hinz (Hinz Orthodontic Appliance, Germany),
- Doctors Axel Kirsch and Ackermann (IMZ Implant, Germany)
Dr. Gary Johnson has received awards:
- Educational Award for the 100th Anniversary of the National Independent University of Mexico Faculty of Dentistry, México City, México(Concesión del 100° Aniversario de la Facultad de Odontología de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México – UNAM , México City),
- Educational Award for the 40th Anniversary of the National Independent University of México, Toluca Mexico (Concesión del 40° Aniversario de la Facultad de Odontología de la Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México - UAEM, Toluca Mexico),
- Millennial Educational and Humanitarian Achievement Awards,
- “One Hundred Acts of Kindness” Humanitarian Award,
- “Congressional Award” of the White House Conference on Aging Oral Health Congress,
- “Education Award” from the White House Conference on Aging Health Education Program.
Dr. Johnson maintains a general practice in Berkeley and Lisle Illinois
- Dr. Gary Johnson is proud to be a career long member of the American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry and several other dental organizations.
- He attributes his professional accomplishments to the mentorship, direction, inspiration, continuing education and help received from his colleagues for 26 years.
- Dr. Johnson proudly served at the White House Conference on Aging as a direct White House appointee to determine national oral health care policy.
- Dr. Johnson joined the University of Illinois at the Chicago Medical Center College of Medicine as an Assistant Clinical Professor to help educate future health care professionals and undertake dental research.
- Dr. Johnson has been an international lecturer for over 20 years.
- He currently is a researcher and Visiting Professor at the Independent University of the State of México (Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México Facultad de Odontología, Toluca Mexico) and other universities.
- He is a chemist and Webmaster as well as a clinical dentist. This is necessary to integrate a wide spectrum of work for the benefit of the profession and public.
- Dr. Johnson has created numerous Internet Web Sites to publish educational materials, evaluations and research.
- He has served as a consultant to dental universities, dental manufacturers, national dental societies, international dental organizations, and government leadership from the White House, US Congress to State and local leadership as well as the US Commonwealth of the Marianna Islands.
- He has also worked with dental leadership, manufacturers and researchers domestically and abroad.
- He has published dental articles.
- Dr. Johnson has met with national leaders such as President Clinton, President Chirac and President Fidel Castro concerning oral health care policies.